- Robert dedicates his free time to the training and development of young lawyers. He is a trial advocacy advisor for second and third-year law students at Duquesne University, School of Law and has proudly coached the school’s Mock Trial Team to numerous victories.
- Robert assists pro bono clients facing eviction or other housing issues.
- Robert has defended lawful protesters’ first amendment rights.
- Robert provides free representation and service to complete legal name changes for members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Robert is an active animal advocate and rescuer. He and his wife have several furry family members and have fostered and cared for dozens of animals over the years.
Navigating through Pittsburgh laws for different cases can be daunting and confusing. Unless you work for a Pittsburgh law firm yourself, many of these rules and regulations probably seem foreign to you.
In his blog, Robert Disney uses his years of experience practicing personal injury and criminal law to offer guidance and help on your personal case.
Lack of Adequate Security
In Pennsylvania, property owners and occupiers have a duty to keep their premises safe for visitors, and this includes incorporating safety measures to prevent intentional harm from befalling their guests.
DUI Field Sobriety Tests and How to Challenge Them
When a police officer pulls over a person for suspicion of driving under the influence, one way they may try to determine if a driver is intoxicated is by requesting that the driver perform a set of field sobriety tests. Field sobriety tests require a person to complete a set of physical tasks while the police look for subjective signs that may indicate intoxication.
Top Causes of Ride Share Accidents
Ridesharing has become one of the more popular options for transportation in the Pittsburgh area and throughout Pennsylvania. While a convenient option for passengers, studies have shown that rideshare vehicles have increased the number of accidents, injuries, and even deaths on the road for drivers, passengers, bicyclists, pedestrians, and those in other vehicles.